I love this recipe and I made chili dogs for my teens and husband with leftovers!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
Cook first 4 ingredients in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, add the remaining ingredients.
For slow cooker: place mixture in 5-quart slow cooker. Cook at HIGH 3 to 4 hours or on LOW 5 to 6 hours.
For stovetop: cover and simmer for 1-2 hours.
Top with shredded cheese, diced avocado, and crushed tortilla chips.