Spaghetti is one of my family’s favorites plus it is one of the easiest things to make and just add a salad and dinner is served. However, I try to keep my carbs on the low side and pasta was a simple thing for me to give up because I just substitute with spaghetti squash!
I love spaghetti squash but it takes so long to cook! So I decided to give my Instant Pot a try. I’m curious do you use an Instant Pot? I don’t use mine nearly enough but when I do I have been happy with it. I would love to try new recipes, so feel free to share any that you love in the comments section below.
My first try with the spaghetti squash was a success!! It took about 10 minutes, instead of the typical hour (15 minutes to pre-heat the oven and another 45 to bake). It was quick and perfect!
- Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Open the Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water.
- Stack the spaghetti squash on top of each other, cut-side up.
- Close the lid and make sure the vent on the top of the lid is closed.
- Set to manual, high-pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, turn the vent on the top of the lid to release the steam.
- Wait about 5 minutes for the steam and pressure to dissipate.
- Open the lid and test the spaghetti squash. Fork to turn squash into spaghetti-like noodles. Take a bite to test that it’s done. You can always cook for another 1-2 minutes on high pressure if needed.
I topped mine with a simple bolognese sauce and sauteed spinach! Enjoy and remember share your Instant Pot recipes!