They call them Phantom pains . . . aches and pains you begin to feel during taper week before marathon race day but really your fine. This morning I was convinced I felt knee pain on my easy run – my knee is fine. And now I think I am getting a sore throat . . .yikes, I am drinking tea and lots of vitamin C.
But the good news is the weekend is here and there are still World Series games to be played . . . Go Dodgers!! It’s been a few weeks since I’ve done a Friday favorite so let’s get to the sharing. 🙂
I spend a lot of time wearing workout leggings – not just for working out but also for hanging out, traveling, running errands . . . some weeks they feel like my uniform. 🙂 I look for leggings that are not just cute and comfy but have that perfect amount of stretch so that they hug without squeezing, I want them to feel supportive and keep their shape over with constant washings. I don’t want to be tugging on the waistband or have them creeping up or down my legs. And I want them to transition from exercise to the street. 90 Degrees by Reflex Yoga Capris Dragon Fit Compression Yoga Pants
I used to think Lululemon was the pinnacle of leggings but over the last few years, I have found equally great workout leggings at affordable prices.
These are 2 of my FAVORITE brands – all available on Amazon and fit and feel amazing!
Run to Trader Joes and pick up a few of these jars . . . stock up because this is the best soup! It’s a creamy tomato based soup with pumpkin and butternut squash and it is amazing! I’ve paired it with grill cheese sandwiches for a quick dinner and my husband says he thinks it would be great over pasta.
These are my favorite type of scarves!! I love the versatility – they look great around the neck, can be used as a wrap and they literally can be used as a blanket. I can’t tell you how many soccer games my scarf has become the blanket around my legs. Just take note: they also make great gifts – something to think about as we start moving toward the holidays. 🙂
Check out these blanket scarves – so many cute patterns & colors:
My new favorite podcast that I listen to on the first 25 minutes of my run each morning, The Daily covers the biggest story of the day, told by some of the best journalists in the world. It’s a great way to quickly stay up to date on the pressing issues of the week plus I love the soothing voice of the host, Michael Barbaro! Check it out and share any good podcasts you are listening to . . . I love hearing about new ones.
Superhero muffins . . . . I just love the name and I really I love the cookbook they come from – Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow by the 2017 NYC Marathon winner, Shalane Flanagan & nutrition coach Elyse Kopecky. You most certainly don’t have to be a runner or athlete to love this cookbook. Everything I have made has been so yummy, the recipes are easy and I know I am fueling my body with the best! This week I tried the pumpkin spice version of these muffins . . . OMG, AMAZING and perfect with coffee in the morning or a great afternoon snack.
- 2 cups almond meal (same thing as almond flour)
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (use gluten-free if sensitive)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea sat
- 1/2 cup raisins, walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, oats, pumpkin pie spice, raisins/nuts or chocolate chips, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, pumpkin puree, butter, and maple syrup.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
5. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups filling each to the brim. Bake until the muffins are nicely browned on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes.
6. Store in airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Enjoy your weekend. Rest & relax and spent some time with your family, your friends and a little bit of time on you! We are going to the World Series Game on Saturday so fingers crossed for my Dodgers. 🙂