It’s here . . . the Nordstrom Anniversary sale!
Okay, so there are sales and then there are SALES . . . you know the ones you might just “have” to buy because it’s just too good! The Nordstrom Anniversary sale is that one you don’t really want to miss. I used to shy away from this sale because I found it overwhelming and then I learned how to navigate it and get the most out of it. It’s a great sale and one you really want to check out.
Why? Because it’s not just current merchandise marked down its new stuff and a lot of fall and winter merchandise but also some warm weather finds. This is a great time to pick up some items at great prices for the fall season because once August 5th comes the markdowns are over.
When? Early Access starts today, July 12 – 19th. And Early Access is open to all Nordstrom card holders! There are lots of perks throughout the year to being a Nordie card holder. and you can easily apply here and have access to online shopping today! 🙂 Plus you will get a $40 credit for use on your “day one” shopping. 🙂
The sale is open to everyone July 20th – August 5th and no worries because they restock throughout the sale!
What to buy? I love the deals on denim and this sale has the designer jeans at amazing prices!! I will post a separate blog post on my favorite denim pieces on sale from AG, Paige, Frame, Rag & Bone and more. Last year, I bought the cutest pair of AG boyfriend jeans for 50% off that quickly became and still are one of my favorite worn jeans.
There are also great deals on sweaters which I know with temperatures in the 90’s it’s hard to even go there but when there is an amazing deal on sweaters from something like Barefoot Dreams – the coziest sweaters ever – you may not be able to pass up.
And of course, we all love Nordstrom’s shoe department is what made them famous. I will share my top shoe picks in the next day or two and you know there will be some great ones.
How? This is a BIG sale and you might easily get overwhelmed with all the great deals. So here are some tips to help you get the most out of this sale:
1. Remember this sale goes on until August 5th . . . it’s a long sale. And yes, things can go quickly but Nordstrom does restock throughout the sale and they replenish on July 20th when it opens to the public.:) My advice is to check regularly if something you want is out of stock.
2. Check your closet and make a list of what you need. This is a great sale to get deals on those basic pieces so see what might need replacing/refreshing. And this is also to maybe find a deal on those couple of things you have had your eye on. But just remember you might find a great deal on a say a super cute black cardigan but if you already have one in your closet it’s probably not the deal for you. Shop wisely. 🙂
3. Take note of particular designers you like and you can search that way online. l always check out some of my favorites first – AG jeans, Sam Edelman shoes and Caslon, BP and Leith brands
4. And don’t forget to check out the men’s, kids & home sales.
5. Just remember everything is easily and fully returnable and FREE shipping so don’t stress out.
Sale shopping should be enjoyable because getting a great deal shouldn’t be a fight. 🙂
Stay tuned over the next week for upcoming Nordstrom sale info on the blog:
The best jeans on sale
• My favorite under $100 picks of the sale
• My favorite sweaters and tops
• Shoes, Shoes, and Shoes
• The best accessories of the sale
• My beauty picks
Week 2 of NYC Marathon training completed . . . woohoo!! I was in Dallas this past week for a couple of days for my son’s college orientation so I rearranged my training schedule so that I didn’t have to run the 2 days...
Happy Monday!! Why do the weekends go by so fast in the summer?!! The good news is the June gloom has cleared and the sun is out and I am hoping it stays that way! I am heading to Dallas this week for my...
Woohoo, yesterday I just completed Week 1 of my 20 Week NYC Marathon Training Plan and started my marathon fundraising efforts for Grassroots Soccer!! It is now “officially” game on and I couldn’t be more excited! My plan is to recap my weekly training...
Happy Friday!! Summer is officially here and July 4th will be here in less than 2 weeks!! How crazy is that? This year the 4th falls on a Wednesday which is sort of a bummer because you have to decide do I take the...
Happy Monday!! I hope everyone had fun celebrating Father’s Day!! My family of five spent the entire day together which included going to see The Incredibles 2! I loved, loved, loved that movie and let’s face it wouldn’t we all like a few superpowers we could...
Happy Monday!! Summer is in full swing in our house – school is out for everyone, my two oldest kids start their summer jobs this week, and all of us spent a good portion of the weekend at the pool and beach! I always...
One more kid in school – he has two finals tomorrow and that will be a wrap for everyone’s school year in our house! The last week our college girl has moved back home for the summer, our middle son graduated from high school...
This weekend our middle boy graduates from high school!!! I can’t believe it and I feel such a mix of emotions but over the last year I have really seen him mature and grow and I know he’s ready to go off to college...